How can Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable Correctly
When it needs to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable, do you know where you should start and what’s the right way to totally remove it from the PC? Many people have such a question to delete this item on their computers, so, in this post, I will show you how to do with the program removal.
What is Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable?
Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable is a specific version of the series of Microsoft Visual C++ product, which is an integrated development environment (IDE) product from Microsoft for the C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages. It is not a necessary system component, but often used to support the computer to run applications which are developed with Visual C++. Sometimes, it is installed with some programs that require it.
Can we remove Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable from PC?
As we had mentioned above that the program is not a necessary part of the Windows system on the computer, so it can be removed by the user if they want to do so. However, before starting to remove it, please make sure that you are not using the application which needs the support programming languages. Otherwise, removing Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable will lean the associated program cannot operate normally on the computer.
Two feasible ways to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable
Take Windows uninstaller to perform a standard removal
- Log in your computer system as administrator, and right-click on the tiny Windows icon on the lower left corner of the desktop
- Click Programs and Features on the first item, and you will access to Windows attached removing panel
- Check the list and locate Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable
- Select the program, and click on Uninstall on the top menu
- Click Yes on the new pop-up to confirm and start the removal
- After finishing the removing process, restart the computer
- Log in the computer again, and type “regedit” in Windows Search box on Windows task-bar
- Hit regedit from the search result to open Registry Editor
- Find out the the registry key with the program’s name, export it for backup
- Delete the registry in the Editor
- Go to check the installation folder of the program whether is still on the PC, and make sure everything has been cleaned well.
Problems of removing Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable in this way:
Some people are usually not so lucky enough to remove the program in this traditional removal way. And they would encounter some notifications and errors like Error 1714 or Error 1612 when conducting the removal. In this situation, you may not be able to get rid of the program with this manual way, because you probably gets a program or system issue. And you will have to change a way to perform the removal.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable quickly with Bloatware Uninstaller
Bloatware Uninstaller is a third party uninstall tool for Windows OS. It can analyze and scan all of installed applications on the computer, and provides an automatic removal of the program you tend to remove. Taking a professional uninstaller to manage the program removal on PC has been a very popular way in nowadays. It does not require users to take too many manual steps, and the program can be totally removed quickly without leftovers.
To uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable, you also can take the advanced uninstaller to perform the removing process for you:
- Start Bloatware Uninstaller installed on the computer
- Select Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable on its main interface, and select Run Analysis. All of associated files and registry entries will then be scanned and displayed on the list
- Click Complete Uninstall button to activate the removing process, and click Yes to start the first step of removal
- After then, click Scan Leftovers to checking its stubborn files on PC
- Click on Delete Leftovers button, and hit Yes to clean all of files left behind. Thus you will be able to remove the program thoroughly on the PC
Check this video, and you will get more intuitive instructions for the app removal:
Besides the common programs on PC, the powerful uninstaller is also able to forcibly remove the corrupted. Therefore, if you want to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable which has been corrupted or incompletely removed before, you can choose the “Force Remove” feature to scan and erase its associated installed folder on the PC.
- Utilities & Operating Systems
- 06 Sep 2018