- Acer Software
- Adobe Software
- Antivirus Program
- ASUS Software
- Business Software
- Dell programs
- Desktop Publishing Software
- Educational Software
- Encryption Software
- Graphic Design Software
- Hewlett-Packard Programs
- Home Software
- How To
- HP Software
- Intel Bloatware
- Intel Software
- Internet Software
- Lenovo Software
- Maintenance & Optimization
- Media Players
- Microsoft Software
- MP3 & Audio Software
- Networking Software
- Office Suites
- Online Storage & Data Backup
- Operating Systems & Updates
- Other Browser Add-ons & Plugins
- Password Managers
- Productivity Software
- Security Software
- Utilities & Operating Systems
- Video Editing Software
- Video Software
- Weather Software
- Webcam Software
- Windows Removal
How You Can Easily Uninstall Foxit Reader in Windows
- 09 Sep 2020
Follow the instructions on this page to completely uninstall Foxit Reader on your PC. For any part you don’t quite understand, feel free to leave comments at the bottom of the page.
Foxit Reader is mainly a PDF reader. It also allows you to creat PDFs, sign them, edit them and add annotations. It is compatible with multiple operating systems, featuring plug-ins for many programs including Microsoft Office. So it is quite flexible and useful for users who often tackes this file format.
To uninstall Foxit Reader effectively without troubles, you can follow the instructions below.
Uninstall Foxit Reader Using Bloatware Uninstaller
Though you can easily find various removal tools on the Internet, the hard part is which to choose. If you kinda lost your way, take this recommendation – a good general-purpose tool that is available in most versions of Windows and works with types of programs:
Step 1. Download, install and launch Bloatware Uninstaller from your desktop.
Step 2. Select Foxit Reader in the list, and click Run Analysis in the lower right corner.
Step 3. Wait for it to finish scanning all the files, and click Complete Uninstall in the lower right corner to delete the files listed.
Step 4. Follow the prompts to move on, click Scan Leftovers, and click Delete Leftovers in the lower right corner to delete the leftovers listed.
Step 5. Click Back to step1 to check the currently installed programs, see if Foxit Reader has been removed.
You can perform the same steps to remove other unwanted programs on your computer. I do hope this recommendation can be a better removal solution to you anytime.
How You Can Uninstall Foxit Reader in Windows
There could be kinds of reasons that you failed to uninstall Foxit Reader or some other programs in Windows, but I’m not wasting your time on reading the technical failures instead of solutions. If you think the problem comes from Foxit Reader itself, try to reinstall the program first, so that the missing-file issue would be solved, and the corrupted/damaged pieces would be replaced. Then let’s move on to the specific uninstall tutorials:
Step 1. Shut down the program and each of its processes.
– Go to the System Tray in the bottom-right corner.
– Right-click on the Foxit Reader icon and select Exit.
– Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
– Successively select the Foxit Reader processes to end.
Step 2. Open the list of currently installed programs (Programs and Features).
– Click the Start button.
– Enter “Control Panel” in the search box
(Or right-click the Start button, and select Control Panel).
– Click the Uninstall a program link under Programs.
Step 3. Uninstall Foxit Reader by activating its built-in uninstaller.
– In the list you will see all the programs you’re having in the system.
– Find and double-click Foxit Reader to start the removal.
Step 4. Proceed with the removal and provide the confirmation.
– Click the Continue button to proceed.
– Uncheck the items that you don’t want to keep.
– Wait until the uninstall wizard finishes its job.
– Click Yes to restart the computer right away (Or click No to restart it later).
Step 5. Open the Registry Editor.
– You can see there is a Search box on the taskbar on the time if you’re using Windows 10, otherwise click Start to use the Search box there.
– Type “regedit” in the box.
– Select regedit from the results to open the Registry Editor.
Step 6. Find and delete the registry entries (leftovers) of Foxit Reader.
Note: doing this will remove all the entries related to Foxit’s programs, so first you need to be sure you have performed the above steps to uninstall the bundled programs and there’s no other related software installed.
You can choose to back up the registry in case of any mistaken deletion: On the navigator click File > Export…, type a name and save the copy to a location.
Then, to remove the leftovers:
– Delete this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit
To check for other possible leftovers:
– on the navigator click Edit.
– Click Find…
– Enter “Foxit Reader” in the search box to look for other possible remaining files to delete.
Step 7. Reboot your computer to take effect.
If you haven’t restart the computer yet, do it now. Then you can go to the System Tray, Start menu, Control Panel, etc. to check whether the program has been completely uninstalled.
In the last I shall mention that if you have installed an antivirus software, there’s no need to install another. In fact, more than one antivirus programs may cause conflicts which will seriously slow down your PC. It’s not that hard to keep your system safe, just pay a little more attention when you download/install something, visit a link or open an email, etc.
- Uninstall Adobe Flash Player 32 PPAPI without Troubles
- How to Remove Corona Renderer for 3ds Max from My PC?
- How to Correctly Remove WPS Office in Windows 7/8/10?
- How to Correctly Uninstall Discord – Specific Removal Tutorials
- Take Correct Steps to Remove WinHttrack Website Copier
- Remove AutoCAD 2021 from Windows PC – Removal Guides
- Easy Ways to Remove FaceOnBody on Windows PC
- Uninstall Netcut Version 3.0.119 – Specific Removal Tutorials
- Remove vMix – Windows Removal Tutorials for Newbies
- How You Can Easily Uninstall Foxit Reader in Windows