- Acer Software
- Adobe Software
- Antivirus Program
- ASUS Software
- Business Software
- Dell programs
- Desktop Publishing Software
- Educational Software
- Encryption Software
- Graphic Design Software
- Hewlett-Packard Programs
- Home Software
- How To
- HP Software
- Intel Bloatware
- Intel Software
- Internet Software
- Lenovo Software
- Maintenance & Optimization
- Media Players
- Microsoft Software
- MP3 & Audio Software
- Networking Software
- Office Suites
- Online Storage & Data Backup
- Operating Systems & Updates
- Other Browser Add-ons & Plugins
- Password Managers
- Productivity Software
- Security Software
- Utilities & Operating Systems
- Video Editing Software
- Video Software
- Weather Software
- Webcam Software
- Windows Removal
Easily Uninstall iTunes – Windows Program Removal Guide
- How To
- 23 Feb 2021
Follow the instructions on this page to completely uninstall iTunes on your PC. For any part you don’t quite understand, feel free to leave comments at the bottom of the page.
iTunes is Apple’s music store that can be used to manage all kinds of your media, including music, movies, podcast, audiobooks, etc. It is absolutely free and convenient to use. During its installation, other three programs, namely Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and Bonjour, will also be installed in your system. If you think they are no use in your situation, you might as well remove them by following our tutorials below.
Read on to completely uninstall iTunes effectively without troubles.
Uninstall iTunes Using Bloatware Uninstaller
Though you can easily find various removal tools on the Internet, the hard part is which to choose. If you have kind of lost your way, take this recommendation – a good general-purpose tool that is available in most versions of Windows and works with types of programs:
Step 1. Download, install and launch Bloatware Uninstaller from your desktop.
Step 2. Select iTunes in the list, and click Run Analysis in the lower right corner.
Step 3. Wait for it to finish scanning all the files, and click Complete Uninstall in the lower right corner to delete the files listed.
Step 4. Follow the prompts to move on, click Scan Leftovers, and click Delete Leftovers in the lower right corner to delete the leftovers listed.
Step 5. Clicking Back to step1 to refresh the list of currently installed programs, and check whether your target has gone. You can perform the same steps to remove the bundled programs namely Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, Bonjour, and other unwanted programs on your computer. I do hope this recommendation can be a better removal solution to you anytime.
Here is an example video:
How You Can Uninstall iTunes in Windows
There could be kinds of reasons that you failed to uninstall iTunes or some other programs in Windows, but I’m not wasting your time on reading the technical failures instead of solutions. If you think the problem comes from iTunes itself, try to reinstall the program first, so that the missing-file issue would be solved, and the corrupted/damaged pieces would be replaced. Then let’s move on to the specific uninstall tutorials:
1. Shut down the program and each of its processes.
– Go to the System Tray in the bottom-right corner.
– Right-click on the iTunes icon and select Exit.
– Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
– Successively select the iTunes processes to end.
2. Open the list of currently installed programs (Programs and Features).
– Click the Start button.
– Enter “Control Panel” in the search box
(Or right-click the Start button, and select Control Panel).
– Click the Uninstall a program link under Programs.
3. Remove iTunes by activating its built-in uninstaller.
– In the list you will see all the programs you’re having in the system.
– Find and double-click iTunes to start the removal.
4. Proceed with the removal and provide the confirmation.
– Keep the option “Remove iTunes from this computer” checked.
– Click Next to proceed.
– Click Yes to confirm the removal.
– Wait until the uninstall wizard finishes its job.
– Click Finish.
5. Open the Registry Editor.
– You can see there is a Search box on the taskbar on the time if you’re using Windows 10, otherwise click Start to use the Search box there.
– Type “regedit” in the box.
– Select regedit from the results to open the Registry Editor.
6. Find and delete the registry entries (leftovers) of iTunes.
Note: doing this will remove all the entries related to the publisher’s programs, so first you need to be sure you have performed the above steps to uninstall the bundled programs and there’s no other related software installed.
You can choose to back up the registry in case of any mistaken deletion: On the navigator click File > Export…, type a name and save the copy to a location.
Then, to remove the leftovers:
– Delete these two folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes
HKEY_CURRENT)USER\SOFTWARE\ Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes
To check for other possible leftovers:
– on the navigator click Edit.
– Click Find…
– Enter “iTunes” in the search box to look for other possible remaining files to delete.
7. Reboot your computer to take effect.
If you haven’t restart the computer yet, do it now. Then you can go to the System Tray, Start menu, Control Panel, etc. to check whether the program has been completely uninstalled.
Feel free to leave a comment below if there is anything you want to ask about.
- Easily Uninstall iTunes – Windows Program Removal Guide
- Proper Steps to Completely Remove Ask Toolbar – PC User Guides
- How to Properly Remove Droid4X in Windows?
- How to Properly Remove IVONA 2 in Windows OS?
- How to Remove Lightworks – Guides for Windows Users
- Remove Counter Strike 1.6 – Windows Program Removal Guide
- Instruction to Remove NoxPlayer – Tutorials for All Users
- Completely Uninstall Angry Birds without Troubles
- Easy Solutions – How to Completely, Quickly Remove Dissenter?
- Remove Sleeping Dogs Pack on Your PC – Easy Tutorials