Can’t Uninstall MyWinLocker from PC? Get Help Here!
From beginning, a massage from Libra was sent in the net to ask how can exactly uninstall MyWinLocker on a PC, let’s take a look on what happened to her:
“I attempted to uninstall MyWinlocker two weeks ago and I just discovered it’s still there. An install wizard appears and I am not given the choice to uninstall, only install. It says to check what you want to install and uncheck what you do not want installed…so I didn’t check anything. At that time I did get a notice that it may not have uninstalled correctly and was clueless about this.
This wizard is only talking about installing – I want to uninstall MyWinlocker. I’d appreciate help with this. Thank you.”
In Libra’s description, we can see clearly of her problem, which MyWinlocker was thought about uninstalled but still exist in the computer. Does anyone like her met these kind of problems that the target still remained in the computer after removal? Let’s take more examples to look what happened during the uninstallation in MyWinlocker.
Most common problems for the app removal:
- MyWinlocker won’t be found in Programs and Features
- MyWinlocker cannot be totally removed
- MyWinlocker refused to remove
- You must update the MyWinlocker
- You need to reinstall MyWinlocker first
- The option is then to automatically close and attempt to restart applications
- The error 1722 occurred with this windows installer package
What is MyWinLocker? (from Egis Technology)
With over 10 million installations worldwide, MyWinLocker lets you take control of your privacy. Hidden files will never get any attention. Using the new Yo-Safe to store your important or sensitive data is just so easy. The advanced encryption technology allows you to protect your files at any time.
Therefore, this page is focusing on the detailed instruction of how should you uninstall MyWinLocker without any problem from PC, read this story carefully if you need the uninstall support.
Does the Manual Approach Work to Uninstall MyWinLocker?
In order to solve this problem, we’ve tried to install &uninstall MyWinlocker in the Windows PC, the device is Windows 8.1 64bit, but we have met the same problem in MyWinlocker removal, keep reading to see what happened.
The Common Steps to Uninstall MyWinLocker
Usually, in the most unwanted software removal, Windows users need to do these to finish uninstalling MyWinlocker as bellow:
1. Boot into the Safe Mode.
We have introduced how to reboot your device into Safe Mode in the previous stories in different systems before removal:
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8/8.1:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig”, and click on OK.
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel ( or move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open it from Settings). Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the MyWinLocker, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to complete its uninstallation.
On Windows 10:
- Press Windows logo key Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings.
- Select Update & security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- After your PC restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you’ll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Shut down MyWinlocker running at background
You’re required to close all the processes with MyWinlocker which running at background in order to completely uninstall it.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list (or click Ctrl + Alt + Del to activate it).
- Choose MyWinLocker application and its background processes in the Processes tab and click End Task to terminate them.
3. Remove MyWinlocker by the default uninstaller in the Control Panel.
On Windows 7:
- Right click the Start icon and select the Control Panel. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, right click the MyWinLocker and click on Uninstall to remove it.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Programs and Features. Right click the MyWinLocker, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to complete its uninstallation.
On Windows 10:
- Right click the Start icon and select Apps and Features. Then right-click MyWinLocker’ icon and choose Uninstall button
Something happen: At that moment, MyWinLocker should be appeared in the interface of Programs and Features / Apps and Features as normal, unfortunately, it is not, we can’t find MyWinLocker anywhere.
Situation: So the MyWinLocker removal was failed at the time like problem occurred in most people’s uninstallation, but it is existing running in task manager.
Launch the Registry Editor, press shortcuts of Ctrl +F you can find files of MyWinLocker showing like this:
Uninstall MyWinlocker by its build-in uninstaller
The default uninstaller in Windows would not help at all, let’s try more tips of MyWinLocker build-in uninstaller to finally uninstall MyWinLocker:
Usually, open the installed location of a program in Windows in PC, you’ll find its default uninstaller on the folder. However, in my computer, it may be shocking that there is no unin000.ex or unin.dat file at all.
Does the Automatic Approach Work to Uninstall MyWinLocker?
What to do if Windows uninstaller and its build-in uninstaller won’t do anything good for uninstalling MyWinLocker, last but not least, we have finally successful get rid of MyWinLocker in third-party automated tool by Bloatware Uninstaller.
1. Download & install Bloatware Uninstaller on computer
Watch the complete video tutorial to completely &easily uninstall MyWinLocker from PC with three steps:
2. Follow the specific steps to fast remove MyWinLocker in automated tool
- Step 1: After launching BU, easily select MyWinLocker icon in the installed programs list and click the tool Run Analysis；
- Step 2: Click Complete Uninstall, it will take a few seconds to scan all the related files/folders and registry entries of MyWinLocker;
- Wait a few seconds to run over the removal process, click the thir option of Remove and Next to run the removal performance, after finish the process, click Scan Leftovers;
- Step 3: Hit Delete Leftovers to fully remove MyWinLocker.
All in all, now I can answer you:
- “Does the Manual Approach Work to Uninstall MyWinLocker?” “Sometime it does, sometime it doesn’t.”
- “Does the Automatic Approach Work to Uninstall MyWinLocker?” , “Yes, it does!”.
Any problem to completely uninstall MyWinLocker from PC, please leave comment bellow. See you in next one.