How to Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable on PC, Removal Guides
“Hello friends, I am enjoying the windows 7 and everything but, I have 1 problem: my anti-Virus which is AVG needs to update and for it to do that the manager on their forum told me I would have to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. The problem is that whenever I attempt to do so during the uninstallation.
Process it gives me this message:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. “Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package “vcredist.msi” in the box below.
When it gives me a path selection there is no miss” anywhere, is there any way for me to uninstall this? As always thanks for any help you guys can give me.”
What is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a library file required to run applications developed with Visual C++. QuickBooks Desktop automatically installs the correct version of Visual C++ in your computer. If the installation is damaged or removed, you must reinstall it.
This page is mainly about the removal guides to completely uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable from computer, detailed instruction to those who have problems to remove Microsoft Visual C++. If you need the tutorial like this, keep reading now.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in Control Panel
Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel (or Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP). A simple way to bring this up on non-Windows XP systems is to type “programs and features” in the search field at the bottom of the Start menu, in the search field at the top right, type in “c++ redist” (without quotations), uninstall everything that shows “Microsoft Visual C++” and “Redistributable” (which should be the entire search results list) can uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in Windows computer, i think most of you might have heard about this manual process method.
The detailed steps are here:
- Click “Start” button on the left bottom,
- Then select the first option “Apps and Features”;
- Then you will turn to the Sitting window;
- Scroll down the cursor until you find the target: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Click Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the program.
- Click Yes to run the auto uninstall process;
- Wait for a while until the process finish;
- Restart your computer when prompted.
Next, delete the leftovers files in Registry Editor & Control Panel:
- Delete leftover registry value: Click Start menu and then negative Run commend, type in regedit to activate registry editor, locate the below registry keys and values and delete them from the list;
- Or put the key word Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable on the search box to begin the searching, once it has showed out, delete it.
- Delete leftover files: Click on the Start, choose the Control Panel, and double click Folder Options, select “Show Hidden Files and Folders”, then locate the blew folders and delete them directly.
Note: the registry value might be huge in Registry Editor, so you must find & delete them very carefully and cautiously.
Warning: Do not alter any other registry settings. Registry settings control essential parts of the operating system and programs on your computer. Altering any other settings may cause your system to become inoperable. You’d better to back up the Registry Editor before you delete the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable register.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in Auto Remover
There’s a way to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in very fast time with security, Bloatware Uninstaller can analysis & scan the target in short time, and remove the unwanted programs safely & completely from Windows.
Try it now:
Step 1. Download & Launch Bloatware Uninstaller, find out and select Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable on the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis” button.
Step 2. The Uninstaller will review the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable related files and registry entries, then click “Complete Uninstall” button, click “Yes” to start uninstalling it.
Step 3. Wait for the standard uninstall process completed. Click “Scan Leftovers” button. The Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and deleted all its files and extensions. Click OK to finish.
Watch the detailed steps to learn more useful instruction:
Conclusion: In this remover, you nearly have to worry about the problem you might meet in the manual process in section I, because this remover will automatically uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, including the leftovers of it. All you need to do is to follow the instruction of BU to easily get rid of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable of any time.
For more tutorials:
- Uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Successfully on PC
- Correct Steps to Remove Intel Management Engine Components on PC
- How can Uninstall NVIDEA Graphics Driver from Window
- Completely Uninstall HP 3D Driveguard, You Need Bloatware uninstaller!
- How to Uninstall Intel Graphics Driver Completely, Windows Tutorial
- Microsoft Software
- 18 Oct 2018